Monday, November 26, 2012

Thursday May 3 I won't help other polka dots

"You're not helping me because you believe in my side," Primo said accusingly. "You're only helping me because you love me."

"Well of course," I said. "Did you think otherwise?"

"But what if you have to coordinate with other campaigns? Then what?"

"So what?" I shrugged. "I don't care. I'll coordinate to help you, but I won't work for other candidates. What's the big deal?"

"But what if it involves lit drops for other campaigns?"

"You mean like my dropping lit for another campaign? No. I won't drop lit for another candidate. But if a volunteer is going to drop lit for you and another candidate at the same time, then sure, I'll hand your flyers and the other candidate's flyers to him."

"But what if someone asks you what you think?"

"Nobody cares what I think! What does the mayor's wife think? What does the senator's wife think? What does the current representative's wife think?"

"I don't know," he admitted.

"Exactly! Nobody knows, nobody cares. And that's because it's irrelevant. It's not about me, it's about you."

"But you won't help on the other campaigns."

"Sweetie, no, I won't. You could offer me a million dollars to run the presidential campaign for the Polka Dot candidate and I wouldn't do it. I am going to help you get elected because I love you, not because I believe in what you're doing. If that makes me a hypocrite, then I'm a hypocrite."


No comments:

Post a Comment