Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sunday May 13 Primo's birthday karaoke party

We invited some of my friends and Primo's bar and political friends to meet us at a nearby bar for Sunday night karaoke, which is the absolute best kind as it starts at the reasonable hour of 7:00 p.m. instead of the usual musician/bar time hour of 10:00 p.m.ish. Or 10:30 p.m.ish. I treasure my sleep. By 10:30 p.m.ish, I want to be in bed. So the early bird karaoke is my kind of thing. Perfect.

Not that we were there at 7:00. All the good intentions in the world will not make Primo on time. Blesshisheart. I am a "on time means getting there five minutes early" person and Primo is a "as long as the sun is still in the sky, I'm cool" guy.

Which works just fine with his bar and musician friends, but I had invited non-bar, non-musician friends.

So when we walked into the bar at 7:40, we found my friends waiting. They had been there since 7:00. Because that's when I told them we would be there.

My stupid fault, of course. I should never have told them we'd be there at such a ridiculously early hour. Although I have pointed out to Primo that he needs to get a better on-time record if he is going to be a serious candidate. Bill Clinton can get away with being late because he's Bill Clinton. Primo cannot.

My friend Dawn had a present for Primo. Dawn is a big Stripes supporter. She has volunteered for the Stripes Guy for Governor. She likes to argue with Primo. More power to her. I hate arguing with him, so am always happy to find someone who will deflect arguing from me.

She handed him a bag that was tied with ribbon. Primo carefully untied the ribbon and pulled out a wrapped tube. He peeled off the tape, then removed the wrapping paper. It was a tube of paper. He opened it.

It said, "Stripes Guy for Governor."

I started laughing. Dawn laughed. Keith, my other friend, who is also a Stripe, laughed.

Primo bent over double laughing. "This is hilarious!" he said.

"You can put a photo of that on your facebook campaign page," Dawn suggested.

Primo shook his head. "Oh no. Noooooo. The Polka Dots would not appreciate this."

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, wait...is Primo a stripes or polka dot guy? I guess I could look back through old posts, but you know...I'm already distracted...

    BTW, yours is my totally favorite blog. I especially love the stories about Primo's parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's Polka Dot - which was the joke. (I hope I have kept this straight throughout the story. I have a word document where I have all the code names because it's hard to keep track.)

      Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete

Primo reads this blog, so please keep that in mind in your comments.