Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saturday July 14 We make up

I felt bad about being cranky with Primo, so I called him. It was two hours after he had left for the church festival.

Me: How's it going?

Primo: I left. I'm on my way home.

Me: Why?

Primo: I felt so uncomfortable! I didn't want to bother people. Some of them were eating, some of them were listening to music.

Me: I can see that.

Primo: Plus I need a new name tag. The one I have identifies me as a Polka Dot, but in this part of town [full of Stripes], I just want to get my name out.

Me: Uh huh. But we need to figure out how to work a church festival.

Primo: I know. It just feels so awkward.

Me: Bill Proxmire used to stand at the gates of his state's fair and shake hands with everyone who walked in.

Primo: I know.

Me: Maybe we should ask one of your political friends who has already been elected how one works a church festival.

Primo: Yes.

Me: Maybe I need to go with you.

Primo: I think that would be good.

I still hate politics, but I guess if I can't beat them, I should join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment