Friday, January 4, 2013

Saturday June 23 Fundraiser BBQ for another candidate

After the interview, we went straight to a BBQ fundraiser for a candidate running in another district. A few minutes after we arrived, someone suggested a campaign photo of the candidate with everyone at the party.

"I'm going to get my water bottle out of the car," I told Primo.

"They have water here," he said.

"I don't want to be in the photo!" I hissed.

He laughed. He is making peace with the fact that I support him, but not other Polka Dot candidates.

I slipped out and lingered long enough to ensure I had missed my photo op. When I walked back in, straight to the snacks - I was starving! - a 60ish man stopped me.

"You snuck out just so you wouldn't have to be in the picture!" he accused, laughing.

"Shhh!" I said, fingers to my lips. "I don't want everyone to know!"

"Who are you?" he asked.

I pointed to Primo. "I'm with him. He's my husband and he's running."

He turned and looked at Primo, then looked back at me. "How did he ever get you?"

I raised my eyebrows, then pulled him close so I could speak into his ear. "He's really good in bed."

He laughed. "That's the right answer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment