Monday, January 14, 2013

Wednesday Fourth of July parade

Primo is going to walk the parade route to meet voters. He was all stressed because he doesn't have any campaign literature to pass out, but I pointed out that giving people a flyer while they're at a parade pretty much guarantees they'll just toss it in the trash. Or on the ground. That's wasteful and it's littering.

"Better just to introduce yourself, tell people you're running, and ask them to vote for you," I said.

Samantha gave him the same advice. I think he's reluctant to campaign on his own behalf - he hasn't done it yet.

"I collected nominating signatures," he noted.

That's not the same.

He is going to campaign. I am going to stay at home and read my book. I want to enjoy my last few days of freedom. Spending an hour in the already-84 degree heat is not my idea of a good time.

Primo said that the union folks who interviewed him two weeks ago gave Samantha some feedback about me. "She didn't seem very supportive," they said.

I snorted when he told me this. "Yeah. Because when you said you could self fund some of the campaign but didn't want to put $50,000 of our own money into it, I agreed with you. That's not unsupportive, that's just rational. I'll bet even Hilary Clinton wouldn't want to put $50,000 of their own money into Bill's campaign. Tell them that I am getting a job just so you can run. If that's not supportive, I don't know what is."

No comments:

Post a Comment