Monday, April 15, 2013

Tuesday Nov 6 A voter emails Primo

Joe Blow jblow@sbcglobal.net
Oct 18

to friends

Hi Primo,  You stopped by house last week. 1745 Main St.  You made a great impression, but I feel you may have misrepresented yourself to me.   Now I see your yard sign in yards with folks who have [Polka Dot presidential candidate] signs.  I'm confused.    If you support [the PD guy] and his policies and ideals, then don't count on my vote.

Nice to meet you!  Best of luck in the vote!
Joe Blow
  
Friends of Primo friendsofprimo@gmail.com
Nov 6 (1 day ago)

to Joe
Joe,

I am very sorry to have overlooked your message last month.  I thought I had responded to every e-mail from a potential voter, but I discovered tonight that I had begun typing a response to you, saved it as a draft, and then forgotten about it.

My commitment is to represent everyone in the new House district.  I think the new district lines call for a balanced approach, and I plan to stake out some moderate positions instead of following in lockstep with the agenda of any party or interest group.

I am the Polka Dot on the ballot for this House seat (and my opponent is a Stripe), but I have never held elective office and am not receiving support from the state party.  My moderate approach has been somewhat controversial; one of the mailers I sent out got the attention of Channel 39's political reporter, who lives in the district and came to my house for an interview.  My opponent was also interviewed for the news story; he claimed that I am trying to mislead voters, but that isn't true.  I am married to a Stripe and have to "work across the aisle" every day.  If I'm elected, the first thing I'm going to do is try to make friends with the two leading moderates in the legislature, Senators Jack and Jane.

Because I am the Polka Dot in this race, it should be expected that some of my supporters also have [PD presidential candidate] signs.  I also have some supporters who are voting for [the Stripes guy].

I'm trying to get voters to think about me and my moderate approach to this very diverse district instead of just thinking about a Polka Dot vs. a Stripe.  If that way of thinking appeals to you, I'd be honored to have your support.  Thank you for the good wishes!

Best regards,
Primo
Apple User
Nov 6 (1 day ago)

to friends
Hi--- Thanks for your response. I am a political junkie, but I may be sitting out the election, the first one in my 24 years of voting.   None of the major candidates are worthy my vote.

Joe
Apple User
9:34 AM (4 hours ago)

to friends
I voted,  I actually voted for you!  Not sure if you won, but best of luck and don't give up! 
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment