Friday, April 3, 2015

In which Primo's flight is delayed and he just misses seeing Major Political Figure

I checked the flight status when I got up and saw that Primo's flight was no longer arriving at 9:22 but would be in at 9:39 instead. I picked him up a few minutes after the plane landed.

"You don't have to take me to the bus stop," I said. "I brought a book. I will find a coffee shop while you go to the event."

He got in the driver's seat, plugged in the radar detector, and we flew down the highway. At 10:14, we were parking two minutes away from the party HQ where Major Political Figure would be speaking.

"Don't worry," I said. "Surely she would not be at this hour-long even for just ten minutes."

I went to get coffee. Primo ran to the event.

Thirty minutes later, he called me.

"I missed her."

"What?"

"I missed her. She walked out two minutes before I got there."

I was confused. "But the event didn't even start until 10! It was supposed to last an hour!"

"She spoke from 10 until 10:10. Then she left. She must have been driving away just as I was walking in the door."

"But that's so unfair! You went through so much effort to see her!"

"That's how it is with these national people. They throw a bone to the local people, but they don't want to waste time with us. Most of her time will be with the big money people."

And this is the industry you want to join? I wanted to ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment