Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Ch 12 My brother, my sister, and Dr. J bring coffee and breakfast to us, including food Jenny can’t even eat, but her 100% lactose intolerance is exceeded by her family tolerance

Dr. J and my brother and sister, no worse the wear for having stayed up late the night before, arrive at 10:00 bearing a mocha for me, regular coffee for Primo, half caf/no caf for my mom, bagels, and cream cheese.

They probably slept past 6:30. They probably didn’t have someone stomping on a wooden floor right above their heads.

Jenny: Primo, can I fix your coffee?

Primo: No. I'll do it myself. I have my own way of doing it.

Jenny: How's that?

Primo: I put in the half and half first because that way I don't have to stir it and I put in the amount I want.

Jenny: Oh my gosh. You and my sister were made for each other.

Primo: What do you mean?

Jenny: When we were kids, Goldie would ask me to get her a glass of water. I'd get it and she'd say, “You didn't do it right.” How can you not make a glass of ice water right? Well, she'd say, “You have to put the ice in first! That way, the water runs over the ice and cools as it goes into the glass.”

Primo: Well, she is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment