Monday, December 11, 2017

The Candidate's Wife Bakes - that's Primo's idea for my new blog




Gold Digger
2 hrs 

Verdict: Bottom crust nicely done, but cleanup of melted butter on frying pan too much of a hassle. I need a pizza stone.
Apples collapsed: The Serious Eats strategy of poaching them ten minutes in boiling water is not enough. I will return to Bon Appetit's 45-minute pre-pie baking.
Crust: AWESOME AS ALWAYS. BraveTart's crust strategy is excellent and easy. Can you see how amazingly flaky that crust is?



Gary You should start your own website “Serious Bakes”.
Like
Reply
2
37 mins
Remove

Primo How about "The Candidate's Wife Bakes"? 
Like
Reply
2
9 mins
Remove
Gary how about “I baked a pie for my husband and he complained about it”?
Like
Reply
1
2 mins


2 comments:

  1. Pie is my favorite of all desserts. Have you tried baking it in an iron skillet. Then you get the scrubby brush to clean it with salt and water. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! Primo just wants to encourage you to bake more!

    ReplyDelete