Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Candidate's Wife: Ted offers to help with the campaign and I laugh because Ted? Helping? C'est rire

Primo: Ted emailed me to thank me for the note I wrote to thank him for his contribution.

Me: Great. That's exactly why I wrote snail mail letters to your mom - I didn't want her to be able to email my right back. At least with letters, there was a lag time.

Primo: He wants to help with my campaign.

Me: Uh huh.

Primo: He does.

Me: Yes.

Primo: He could be sincere.

Me: Uh. Huh.

Primo: He could.

Me: You mean like last time when he put you in touch with his friend who spent half an hour telling you to advertise on facebook?

Primo: That was really useful.

Me: He wants to help?

Primo: That's what he says.

Me: He probably just wants to call you and tell you his opinion on things and have you tell him how wonderful he is.

Primo: Yep.

Me: Tell him to send money and to have his rich friends send money. That's the best kind of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment