Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Saturday Aug 4 Money from my mom

Me: Listen to what my mom wrote: "I'm trying to figure out what to start first with preparations for the wedding and company! I'm contributing $1,000 toward Jennifer and Matt's wedding, so I plan to give you and Primo a check for the same amount; it's only fair."

Primo: That's crazy.

Me: I know. I'm going to tell her not to give it to us.

Primo [shaking head]: It's nice of her, but no, we don't need it.

Me: I agree.

Primo: Although if she wants to contribute to my campaign...

Me: I don't know, honey. You and she do not agree on the issues.

Primo: I know.

Me: How supportive would your mom and dad be if I were the one running for office? I mean, considering that one of the reasons they didn't want you to marry me was because I don't agree with them about politics?

Primo [laughing]: Oh yeah. I'm sure they'd be sending a check right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment