Monday, April 1, 2013

Wednesday Oct 24 My hairdresser's husband is a politician, too

Me: I don't know if we'll survive until the election.

Hairdresser: I know what you mean. The first time my husband ran [he is the president of the bricklayers' union], it was right after we got married. I thought, "If it's going to be like this all the time, I'm going to have to divorce him." He was cranky and snappish.

Me: Did it end when the election was over?

Hairdresser: Oh yes. He was fine after that. So now I know [he is about to run in his fourth election] just to wait it out.


2 comments:

  1. And this from a woman who wields scissors for a living? She must self-medicate with valium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tells him not to take it out on her when he is cranky. I think if someone wants to be cranky and sulky, he should go off by himself and not bother the rest of us!

      Delete