Here are the things I encountered on Day 1 of my new job. They are the usual things that one finds on one's first day but I did not find at my previous job with Sergio.
1. There is free coffee. (Wait - we did have that at SergioLand, but it was not very good. What is the point of having free coffee if it tastes crummy?)
2. There was a nameplate with my name on it at my workspace. At SergioLand, they had stopped making nameplates as a cost-saving device. I never did get one.
3. My phone was ready. Even though I had not merely moved from one to division to another, moving only one floor, but had never even worked at this company before.
4. My computer was ready. At SergioLand, they had a month's notice that I was coming. That I was moving from one division to another. From one floor to another. And yet, my computer was not ready when I arrived.
5. My new boss took me to lunch.
6. My new boss took me around and introduced me to everyone.
7. There was a welcome sign at reception for me.
8. There is a gym with free towels. This, however, is an unfair comparison to make to SergioLand, as SergioLand was close to a gym that I could walk to at lunch.
Most of all, at NewJob, I have a boss who is interested in having conversations about things that are not work. It will be very interesting working with someone like him instead of Sergio.