Friday, December 18, 2015

In which I think Ted is going to get really annoyed, if not furious, about Primo's email telling him that the expenses for which he want reimbursement are "not reasonable"

Primo: I talked to the lawyer about Ted's expenses and sent him the email. He says it is not uncommon for family members to request reimbursement, but says that the beneficiaries of the trust have to agree to it and the expenses have to be reasonable.

Me: So Ted wants Jack's kids to give him money.

Primo: Yes. I sent Ted an email telling him that. What do you think is going to happen?

Me: He is going to get angry and write you an angry email.

Primo: Maybe. I don't know.

8 comments:

  1. I would hope that shame would make Ted back off and stop with the money-grubbing.

    I know he'll probably just double down and declare war on Primo and the Trust.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I would hope that shame would make Ted back off and stop with the money-grubbing."

      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *wheeze*

      Whew! Thanks, I needed a good laugh. ;)

      Delete
    2. We need a "like" button. 8•)

      - AC

      Delete
  2. Just more confirmation that the executor can't just willy nilly spend money from the estate. There are rules, be they Federal, State or local. My husband had to sign statements stating he agreed with certain payments paid from his mother's estate before the county would let his brother close it out. My husband has a stack of paper almost an inch high with and he wasn't the executor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that Ted's son - or at least his guardians - will agree. /sarc off

    - AC

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Primo is asking Ted to dial it back before he will consult with the four beneficiaries?
    I anticipate more belligerence from Ted (fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride), and that Ted will try to work on his niece's and nephews. I wonder if the lawyer said that all, or just a majority of beneficiaries have to agree to the disbursement? Ted: what a piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pardon my typing - that should say "nieces", not "niece's"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Primo may not know, but all of the rest of us do. More drama to come!

    ReplyDelete