Saturday, January 14, 2017

In which The Guardian is going to do a story about the guy running against the congressman Primo ran against two years ago

Primo: The Guardian is doing a story about Tariq!

Me: The Guardian, as in the newspaper from England?

Primo: Yes.

Me: Why?

Primo: Because - we think - he is a black guy who is running against an entrenched congressman.

Me: You ran against him.

Primo: I know.

Me: I see.

Primo: It's earned media. It's good. So Tariq is going to be taking this reporter around tomorrow and they are going to casually bump into me at a coffee shop where I will be waiting.

Me: Couldn't Tariq just tell the reporter, "My friend Primo ran against this guy two years ago and it might also be interesting to talk to him?"

Primo: Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. You don't want to be Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet).
    Direct is better.

    ReplyDelete