Saturday, March 25, 2017

In which Primo reminds me that Sly said I was selfish, which confuses me, because I do not expect people to sacrifice themselves for my satisfaction, and then I realize that Sly's definition of selfish was "Anyone who didn't want to do what Sly wants"




selfish

[sel-fish] 
 




adjective
1.
devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one'sown interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.
2.
characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself:
selfish motives.




Primo: Oh yeah. Really, the selfish person was my dad.

Me: Just saying --

1 comment:

  1. One of the most profound and useful pieces of advice my dad ever gave me was that when someone calls you selfish, it's usually because you're keeping them from getting what they want -- in other words, you're frustrating their selfish impulses.

    ReplyDelete