Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Candidate's Wife: The story about the Opponent is on the news but they don't mention that Primo is already running in the race

Primo: [Campaign manager] just called me. They had it on the news that [Opponent] is running.

Me: Wow. That was fast.

Primo: Well, [Opponent] already holds a state office, so it's news, I guess. They didn't mention my name at all.

Me: Ouch.

Primo: [Campaign Manager] says I still might get some media calls.

Me: That would be good.

Primo: I am not supposed to say [Opponent's] name or refer to him in any way.

Me: That's what Ruthie told you when we saw her in Houston!

Primo: What?

Me: She was the campaign manager for that person for school board. When you were telling her about your campaign, she said, "That's the last time I ever want to hear your opponent's name* cross your lips. You never ever ever say it out loud again."

Primo: I won't!




* Actually the incumbent, but the point remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment