Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Sept 3 I canvass with Primo, again

Me: My husband is running for the state house. We would appreciate it if you would consider voting for him.

Older lady: What party is he?

Me: He is running as a Polka Dot.

OL: Oh. We've already made our decision. We usually vote Stripes. [She hands the campaign literature back to me.]

Me: Me, too. But he's my husband. So I'll vote for my husband.

OL: I understand. My, it's hot out there. Would you like a bottle of water?

Me: Yes, I would.

Later.

Me: My husband is running for the state house. We would appreciate it if you would consider voting for him.

Older lady #2: What party is he?

Me: He is running as a Polka Dot.

OL2: I usually vote for the Stripes, but thank you. [She hands the campaign material back to me.]

Me: Yeah, me too. But I'm married to him.

OL2: How does that work?

Me: Well, he's my husband. And I can tell you that he will have to represent both sides if he is elected, because if he doesn't, he will be sleeping in the guest room.

OL2 [Takes campaign literature back]: I'll think about it.

Me: Thank you!


2 comments:

  1. But will you have the moral strength and fortitude to banish Primo's Cute Butt to the spare room?

    ReplyDelete

Primo reads this blog, so please keep that in mind in your comments.