Friday, March 1, 2013

Monday Sept 10 The communications guys have never worked with an engineer before

This is how the interview prep is going:

Communications guys: How should transportation be funded?

Primo: Engineer talk blah blah blah

CG: OK, but short.

Primo: But I can't say it short. And I don't know all the issues.

CG: You don't have to know all the issues. You're not writing legislation.

Primo: But but...

CG: You need to be prepared to answer questions where you're not an expert.

Primo: But that's not how I work!

CG: You're going to have to be able to.

Primo: But for the interview, they're only asking these questions [that the news organization sent].

CG: We don't know about that.

Primo: I can prove it! [He runs upstairs to get the documents.]

CG: Where did he go?

Me: Upstairs to prove he's right.

CG: Oh.

Me: Have you worked with an engineer before?

CG: No.

Me: Welcome to my world.

4 comments:

  1. ROTFL! That's ALL I do - and you are SO right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine with 95% good/right for most things, because that's all that most things demand. I am not doing heart transplants!

      Primo blesshisheart wants every single thing to be perfect. That's really time consuming.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean,but perfectionism can be a great excuse for procrastination sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primo blesshisheart is a good one for letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. Or is that the good being the enemy of the perfect? Whatever.

      Delete

Primo reads this blog, so please keep that in mind in your comments.