Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wednesday Sept 12 Primo argues with someone who won't vote for him

Primo: I wasted some time today. I started arguing with someone who isn't going to vote for me.

Me: About what?

Primo: Gay marriage. And then government.

Me: What about government?

Primo: She said that the US is the best country because our government derives its power from God - that our country was founded on biblical principles.

Me: What did you say?

Primo: I said that our government gets its power from the consent of the governed.

Me: Ah. You're learning.

Primo: What do you mean?

Me: You think that the people work for the government, not the other way around.

Primo: That's not true!

Me: You used to think that it was up to government to say it was OK to do something and that everything that wasn't defined as OK was bad until I convinced you that no, everything was OK unless it was illegal.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just shocked that Primo admitted that he wasted some time! All this door knocking must mean he gets to meet a lot of nutcases.What is his strongest selling point? Is he a convincing speaker? I'm trying to paint a picture of him in my mind.(Like all the best crazy fantasists do!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primo is sometimes not a very pragmatic person. I am ruthless with my time and don't want to waste it in the "what should be" world, but Primo has a permanent entry visa.

      Delete