Friday, December 16, 2016

In which Primo informs me that he has people coming over tomorrow to work on his campaign and I have to remind him to be a host because no matter what side you are on, if the hosting is bad, it's the woman's fault

I don't care if Primo has people over as long as I am not the one who has to prepare for their visit or entertain them.*

I need to work on my book.

I need to master the art of making zucchini marmalade. (Something like this, but with a lot less sugar - I am not going to process it - I will just store in the freezer - so it doesn't need the usual canning sugar/fruit/veg ratio.)

I need to read stuff. (I just finished Lindy West's book, Shrill, and I really liked it. I started Secondhand Time - The Last of the Soviets and like what I've read so far, but am not sure I am willing to spend what might be close to the last of summer weather on reading about post-communist life.)

I need to watch stuff - DCI Banks is waiting for me.

I might make rosemary soft pretzels. Not sure. I might not want to commit to that much work.

So anyway.

Having people over is Primo's thing, even though one of them is our friend K who works at the ACLU and whom I like very much.

And when you have people to your house, especially people who are helping you and not charging you, you be a host.

Me: What are you going to feed them?

Primo: What do you mean?

Me: You are having people over.

Primo: Yeah - at 1:30 p.m.

Me: And?

Primo: That's after lunch.

Me: So you give them a snack.

Primo: Oh.

Me: There is a chocolate zucchini bread in the freezer. Use that.

Primo: OK.


* He just built up some goodwill by actually going to the Sherwin Williams store to price paint for PAINTING THE DAMN EXTERIOR TRIM, which was part of the deal when he quit his job almost two years ago. Yeah, I know Sly and Doris happened, but this is a two-day project.

No comments:

Post a Comment