Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Ch 6 Doris asks Primo to fix their computer maybe because she thought Primo was lying to Sly

Primo: Guess what?

Me: What?

Primo: That was my mom.

Me: Didn’t you just talk to your dad?

Primo: Yep.

Me: What does she want?

Primo: She wants me to fix their computer.

Me: What?

Primo: I know.

Me: Did she think that you wouldn’t fix it just because Sly had asked and that if she asked you, you would decide it was OK?

Primo: Maybe.

Me: Or maybe they thought you were lying to Sly but would forget the lie if they just waited five minutes?

Primo: That could be it.

Me: Your parents are both crazy smart, but they seem to be having a problem grasping the difference between here and there. As in, “here” means you can look at their computer. “There” means nope, you can’t see it. Thousand miles away.

Primo: I know.


Me: Although I wouldn’t expect your dad to get it. Sure, he has a PhD, but it’s in English. But your mom is a scientist. She understands the difference between here and there and she also gets physics, as in, it is still not possible to tesseract, as much as I would like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment