Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Ch 9 Ted and Jack want a big happy family celebration for Sly’s 80th birthday and I want to suggest that perhaps they should not serve turkey or any other protein that contains both white and dark meats

Primo: Ted and Jack want to have a family celebration for my dad’s 80th birthday.

Me: OK.

Primo: They want me to come.

Me: OK. Go ahead. Have a good time. Your vacation, your money.

Primo: Wait! Don’t you want to go?

Me: You want me to spend money and vacation time to celebrate a man who screamed at his own grandchildren and who has never done one thing to make me feel welcome in his home? No thanks.

Primo: They will not be happy.

Me: I don’t care. Besides, they don’t really want me around. For sure, your dad does not want me around. I am trying to build a better relationship with your mom, but your dad has never shown any interest in engaging with me in any way.

Primo: You’re right. They want me all to themselves, but they want to reject you. What will we tell them, though?

Me: That I’m going to be washing my hair that night.

Primo: I can’t say that!


Me: Then tell him I have something going on at work. And I do. I have work. I can take vacation or not take vacation and I am sure not going to take vacation just so I can watch your dad scream at Michael and Maria or whomever in person.

1 comment:

  1. The biggest shocker here is that Primo is taken aback that you do not want to go. I would like to think that maybe he still can't conceive (at that point) of saying to to Sly as an option.

    But you're absolutely right, they're going to say that you Did It Wrong no matter what you do, so you may as well Do It Wrong in peace, at home, with no yelling.

    ReplyDelete