Thursday, September 7, 2017

Ch 10 I have the perfect gift idea for Sly and Doris

We have professional photos taken so I can give something nice to my mom. She is a talented photographer, but I freeze whenever she takes my photo and I always look awful. She had been asking for a photo of Primo and me for a while, so I suck it up and we have it done.

Incidentally, do not do this. It is torture. Now I know why professional models make so much money – it’s because it is both horribly boring and horribly stressful to have your photo taken. Why would anyone do that for fun? I don’t understand selfies at all – I don’t want someone else taking photos of me. Why would I want to do it to myself?

But – goose/gander/sauce, as they say.

Primo: I don’t know what to give my mom and dad for Christmas.

Me: They didn’t give you an order?

Primo: Not this time.

Me: Odd. They usually tell you exactly what to buy them.

Primo: I know.

Me: How about a photo of us – or of just you – for your mom and dad for Christmas? The photos they have of you are really old. I haven’t seen anything from the current decade on the walls there.

Primo: I don't know. I just don't think my parents would be excited to get a photo of me.

Me: Are you kidding me?

Primo: What?

Me: But – what if we put it in a frame?

Primo: What?

Me: And then gave them a choice of a second frame?

Primo: What? I am confused.

Me: Are you really saying that your mom and dad don't think a photo of you would be the best Christmas present ever?

Primo: Yeah. I don't think they'd care that much.

Me: Really.

Primo: Oh! You mean because they gave us a photo of themselves for Christmas?


Me: Yeah. That.

No comments:

Post a Comment