Thursday, April 7, 2016

In which I discover my 95 year old great uncle left less of a mess to clean up than Sly, who was 81 when he died and had moved across the country

My dad's cousin, whose 95-year-old father died a few days ago: What has Primo been up to?

Me: He quit his job a year ago and was supposed to have this year to rest, but it didn't work out that way. His parents both had medical issues, so he was down in Florida taking care of them, then they died, and now he is settling the estate.

Cousin: Yeah, I know what that's like!

Me: But did your mom and dad have check registers from the 1970s in their cottage?*

Cousin: No. Of course not.

Me: That's because we are German. We don't keep crap around.



* Where they had lived since I was a little kid, so since the 70s at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment