Friday, December 9, 2016

In which Primo and I disagree about how long he should speak at a BBQ tonight

Primo: I have to work on my speech.

Me: Your speech?

Primo: Yes. I will have to speak tonight at the BBQ.

Me: Keep it short.

Primo: Yeah, I am thinking five minutes.

Me: What? No! Five minutes is wayyyyy too long. One minute. One. One hundred fifty words.

Primo: That is too short.

Me: You are going to piss people off. It's a BBQ - they want to socialize, not listen to long speeches.

Primo: This is a political event!

Me: Remember at our reunion at the party Leebron's house and he gave that speech and would not shut up? Nobody wanted to hear him! Nobody wanted to listen to a speech! We wanted to talk to our friends!

Primo: This is politics, not a reunion.

Me: I don't know. I don't think anyone ever wants to listen to speeches. I don't.

1 comment:

  1. What's really sad, Leebron gives the same set of speeches over and over again for months. He probably wasn't listening to himself.

    ReplyDelete

Primo reads this blog, so please keep that in mind in your comments.