Friday, December 9, 2016

In which Primo and I disagree about how long he should speak at a BBQ tonight

Primo: I have to work on my speech.

Me: Your speech?

Primo: Yes. I will have to speak tonight at the BBQ.

Me: Keep it short.

Primo: Yeah, I am thinking five minutes.

Me: What? No! Five minutes is wayyyyy too long. One minute. One. One hundred fifty words.

Primo: That is too short.

Me: You are going to piss people off. It's a BBQ - they want to socialize, not listen to long speeches.

Primo: This is a political event!

Me: Remember at our reunion at the party Leebron's house and he gave that speech and would not shut up? Nobody wanted to hear him! Nobody wanted to listen to a speech! We wanted to talk to our friends!

Primo: This is politics, not a reunion.

Me: I don't know. I don't think anyone ever wants to listen to speeches. I don't.

1 comment:

  1. What's really sad, Leebron gives the same set of speeches over and over again for months. He probably wasn't listening to himself.

    ReplyDelete