Saturday, July 8, 2017

Ch 5 Sunday Sly complains that his ex-wife was always asking for more child support, even though she was married to a wealthy man, and that Ted wanted Sly to help pay for Ted’s college when Ted’s stepfather could easily have afforded it

Me: Your dad complained about paying child support for his own children?

Primo: His ex-wife’s husband was rich.

Me: But Ted and Jack are your dad’s children, not their stepfather’s.

Primo: My dad didn’t think he should have to pay. When Ted started college, my dad wouldn’t pay.

Me: Why not? No money? That’s why my parents didn’t pay for my college. They couldn’t. They didn’t have the money.

Primo: No. Because Ted wanted to go to Amherst and my dad thought it was too expensive. He also said that the child support agreement ended when Ted turned 18.

Me: Ted didn’t stop being your dad’s child when he turned 18.

Primo: My dad said that Ted could have gone free to the school where he taught so he should not have to pay tuition elsewhere.

Me: Ted got into Amherst?

Primo: Yes.

Me: But the school where your dad taught is a tier four school. Amherst is way up there.

Primo: I know.

Me: Your dad thought Ted should go to an inferior school just because he didn’t want to pay any of Ted’s tuition?

Primo: Yes.

Me: Your dad paid for your college. He didn’t say you needed to go to his school.

Primo: No.

Me: Do you think Ted is bitter? Because I would be.

Primo: My dad is a jerk. He thought Ted’s stepfather should have paid for everything.

Me: You paid for your stepdaughters to go to college.

Primo: That’s because their dad didn’t have any money. If I didn’t pay, they weren’t going to get to go. My dad could have afforded to help. He just didn’t want to.


2 comments:

  1. This to me is why Sly was a truly horrible man. No manners (re house guests) could be overlooked (some...) but he was an amazingly sh!tty father and that is unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete