Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ch 7 Sly and Doris play hardball with Primo about Christmas using parent tactics I didn’t even know existed in real life, as I have seen them only in fiction and thought they came from the author’s active imagination (just a reminder – nothing I am writing here is from my imagination – it is all true and real reporting of real life events)

Primo: Oh no. Look at this email I got from my mom.

Doris: I had written another email but decided not to send it. We will feel abandoned if you don't come for Christmas.

Me: What does that even mean, “I had written another email but decided not to send it?” Either send the email or don’t mention it.

Primo: It means that the one she wrote is way worse than the one she sent.

Me: And she wants you to know that.

Primo: Yes.

Me: Not passive aggressive at all.

Primo: My mom is not passive aggressive.

Me: I think if you look up the phrase in the dictionary, you will see her photo.

Primo: I don’t think so.

Me: OK. I am not interested in convincing you, but she is definitely manipulative.

Primo: Maybe.


Me: Maybe? She wrote that they will “feel abandoned” if you don’t spend Christmas with them! I’m not sure of the proper term for that, but I am happy to call that manipulative.

No comments:

Post a Comment