Sunday, September 24, 2017

Ch 12 I feel sick to my stomach all day, which is bizarre because I never get sick

You guys, I feel like crap. I suspect this is post-layoff depression. I have been unemployed before, but I have never been laid off. It’s really demoralizing. I know I wasn’t fired, but I keep wondering why I was one of the ten percent laid off. How does management make these decisions? If it were me, I would get rid of my worst people. But I don’t think I am one of the worst people.

This stinks.

I have been nauseated all day for the past week. I can’t figure it out. I never get sick. I never feel sick. Maybe a cold once a year, but other than that, I don’t get sick. I attribute my robust good health to the cast-iron immune system I developed as a Peace Corps volunteer when my cleaning lady used my vegetable brush to scrub the toilet.

No, I did not know she was doing that until I saw her cleaning the bathroom one day.

Me: Marisol? I didn’t know you brought your own cleaning supplies. I thought you used what was here.

Marisol: I don’t bring anything. This is the brush from beneath the kitchen sink.

Me: Ah. Oh. Um, Marisol? That is the brush I used to scrub vegetables.

Marisol: OK! I will put it back where it belongs.

Me: Don’t bother. I won’t be using it anymore.


I think I will spend the afternoon watching “What Not to Wear” and then will go to bed early. Primo is on a work trip so I control the remote and the light switches.

No comments:

Post a Comment