Wednesday, October 7, 2015

In which I do not want to take my paid funeral leave to go to Doris' funeral

I get three days of funeral leave from work, but I don't want to take it because I am the Worst Person Ever.

1. I have a lot going on at work.

2. The weather here is finally nice.

3. I cannot bear the idea of three days with Ted and Sly.

4. I have to go. I have to. Primo is my husband and I love him and this is one of the things you do when you love someone - you support him in hard times.

5. Flying is a pain in the neck.

6. This will cost us money.

7. Someone will be stuck cooking for everyone in that house and I am guessing it will be me, although at least that will give me something to do.

8. I have to go.

9. The only person I like in Primo's family - Stephanie - won't be staying at the house because she lives 15 minutes away.

10. Maybe I can stay with Stephanie.

11. I do not want to spend time with Ted and Sly.

12. I have to go.






8 comments:

  1. I hope you got to stay with Stephanie or that she visited a lot with you at Sly's house. It's good to have love, support, and validation when there's a whole lot of crazy going on around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hope that Stephanie wish worked out. Or that you made Sly buy take-out. Or that you cleaned Sly's house like a mad woman and threw everything away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cosmic AvengerThursday, October 08, 2015

      Ooooh, I hope you did that and threw away all of the hidden liquor bottles, Goldie!

      Delete
    2. ...after first taking a photo and sending to his doctor ;)
      J x

      Delete
    3. Oh you guys. I like throwing away MY OWN STUFF. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to throw away the clutter that belongs to someone I don't like?

      Delete
  3. The Cosmic AvengerThursday, October 08, 2015

    Actually, you DON'T (didn't) have to go. You probably wanted to go for Primo's sake more than you wanted to avoid Ted and Sly, and that's OK, but personally I find it easier to accept decisions I don't like when I fully consider the alternative. (YMMV, of course.)

    I hope it worked out -- I'll bet Stephanie would have been glad to have someone sane to keep her company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct: I went for Primo and he is way more important to me than Sly and Ted. And, I reminded myself, I would for sure get more material for the blog.

      Delete