Friday, October 9, 2015

In which it looks like my brother is going to break up with Nicole, the girlfriend we met a few months ago and LOVED and my heart is breaking

I know I can't expect my brother to marry Nicole just because I like her so much and my sister and my brother in law like her so much and Primo likes her so much.

I can't. Right?

And whomever my brother would marry would be lovely by definition so it's not like she is his only chance to find someone great.

But I really, really like her.

She is neat.

You guys. Would it be wrong for me to introduce her to a college friend who lives in Austin? I would introduce them under the guise of professional connections. My friend is an engineer but his hobby is parks and wildlife and outdoors and all the stuff Nicole does as a job. J has even written a book about flooding in Texas and it was published. (Sooooo proud of my friends!)

J and Nicole have a lot in common - both from old Texas families, strong interest in Texas history and culture. And both really great people. Is it wrong for me to try to figure out a way to

1. Get my friend J matched up again (he was divorced years ago - you never know what goes on in someone else's marriage and I really liked his ex, but I knew him first and felt like I had to choose, so he is still my friend and I don't know what's going on with her).

2. Get to keep Nicole as a friend?

I have already asked my brother if I could introduce the two of them. Professionally. On LinkedIn.

Maybe a friend of Nicole's is thinking the same thing about my brother - that she likes him so much and wants to be friends with him and hey, Nic! Why don't I set up Greg up with Jane?

Maybe.

5 comments:

  1. Yes! It might work, or they might end up as friends, or they might network professionally. Go ahead and get them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It might work, or they might end up as friends, or they might network professionally. Go ahead and get them together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd do professionally - if there are sparks, great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did introduce them on LInkedIn about two months ago. They met and each wrote to me to tell me how much they had enjoyed meeting the other and that they planned to get together again, but I have not heard anything since. I still think they would be a great match!

    ReplyDelete