Saturday, March 5, 2016

In which I tell Primo we have to get our affairs in order so that when we die, my sister is not stuck spending months dealing with our crap



Primo
I have been going through papers for months. I finally finished last night around 3:30. And some of them (a small percentage) were only partially sorted and will end up at home! My parents didn't do it right.
Me
nope
Me
we cannot leave that kind of mess for Jenny

Primo
I promise to go through anything that goes home with me quickly.
Me
good
Me
I will help

Primo
Jenny lives faster than you. She may die first.
Me
you are once again missing the point

Primo
If only we had kids so that we could burden someone with a job like this.

Primo
It would be different for a sibling.
Me
it is selfish not to have your affairs in order
Me
nobody should be burdened like this
Me
someone else could cut our grass and shovel snow, too
Me
if only

Primo
They were going to get around to it someday. Just not "today," whenever that was.
Me
yeah well look how that worked out

Primo
There was no deadline. Why act if there is no deadline?

Primo
What did you mean about our grass and snow?
Me
there was a dead line
Me
they were going to be dead someday
Me
and nobody knows the hour and the day
Me
a kid could cut our grass and shovel snow

1 comment:

  1. It's cheaper to hire it out. Not as much fun, but not as much work, either.

    ReplyDelete