Sunday, August 23, 2015

In which things are worse than we imagined

  • Primo


    Are you still up?
  • Primo


    I guess not. It's really awful here.
  • Primo


    The "ick" factor was not as high as I feared (because my dad had cleaned the bucket from the potty chair), but my mom is in much worse shape than I imagined. She can't move. My dad has been wheeling her around on an office chair with great difficulty. I knew that she couldn't walk to the bathroom, but I assumed that she could climb in and out of the office chair, the potty chair, and the bed. That is not the case; we had to lift her. My dad has been doing this by himself for three days. (Jack came by, but she was in the chair when he was here.)
  • Primo


    This is inhuman. She should be in the hospital or in a nursing/rehab facility. Her knee is really messed up. All they've done is call their PCP and get an appointment for Wednesday afternoon. She's not going to be able to get into the car. She needs a wheelchair, but they didn't even get that ordered before the appointment (because someone forgot something).
  • Primo


    My worst fear is that she may never walk again. The knee that is injured was her "good" knee.

    Insurance has to cover something more than an X-ray and sending her home from the ER if this problem is the direct result of a fall -- but I don't know how these things work.

11 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you both. Glad you can vent a bit here, and that you let us all back in. Have been thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Webb. I had to shut down for a while because someone figured out who everyone is in real life and made a reference to the blog on a website that the family would be sure to see. The reference has been deleted and the cache is clear. I don't know why someone would be so malicious.

      I couldn't say anything in the other place because my mother does not know about this blog. That was part of the deal when I started writing it - Primo didn't want my mom, who has been nothing but lovely to him, to know how awful his parents are.

      Delete
    2. That's so sad...only a decent person raised by abusive narcissists would think to be embarrassed if others knew how awful the abusers are/were to them! I just want to give him a hug and tell him that having horrible parents is not his fault.

      Delete
    3. That's so sad...only a decent person raised by abusive narcissists would think to be embarrassed if others knew how awful the abusers are/were to them! I just want to give him a hug and tell him that having horrible parents is not his fault.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Avenger. I never thought of it that way - one more example of how lucky I am compared to Primo.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have this as a release. I can't imagine anyone being horrible enough to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What's in it for him or her? I can't even appreciate the cleverness it took someone to figure out who everyone was, as the information I put out about Primo's campaigns made it pretty easy for someone who wanted to waste enough Saturday nights to figure it out.

      It's just - why? Did the person think I am a liar and I am making all this stuff up? (I am not. I wish I had this much imagination, but I don't.) Or, if she did believe me, then why would she try to cause trouble?

      Delete
  3. Also, yay, you're back!!!! Woooooo!!! [runs around like an idiot waving his arms]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete