Tuesday, September 29, 2015

In which Primo has to clean Sly's you know what AGAIN - Warning: Bodily functions discussed in detail (this is what happens when people get old and sick)

  • Primo


    My dad is in surgery. I got almost no sleep last night, and I had to clean up shit. I think making people (especially elderly people) prepare themselves for surgery instead of admitting them the day before is cruel.

    I'm cranky.
  • 7:34am
    Me


    you had to clean up shit?
  • 7:39am
    Primo


    Yep.
  • 7:39am
    Me


    why?
  • 7:40am
    Primo


    He had to get up and poop four times after drinking his magnesium citrate, and one of those times he didn't make it to the bathroom before the poop came out.
  • 7:41am
    Me


    your dad should be on his knees thanking the God he does not believe in for you
  • 7:41am
    Primo


    If we should thank God for good people and good things, we should also damn God for bad people and bad things.
  • 7:41am
    Me


    ok let's not make this political

    MY POINT IS

    that your dad
  • 7:42am
    Primo


    I know. smile emoticon
  • 7:42am
    Me


    1 should be cleaning his own shit

    and

    2

    you have sacrificed weeks and months now OF YOUR LIFE
  • 7:42am
    Primo


    But he can't clean up shit on the floor. He can't bend over!
  • 7:42am
    Me


    cleaning his figurative and literal shit
  • 7:42am
    Primo


    This is why people like him should be prepped IN THE HOSPITAL.
  • 7:42am
    Me


    then he needs to get on his knees and thank you

    he needs to show some damn appreciation

    and acknowlege that you are doing FAR MORE THAN ANY CHILD SHOULD E EXPECTED to do
  • 7:43am
    Primo


    He has been showing appreciation. I think he's never been so nice to me before.
  • 7:43am
    Me


    yeah well

    he had 50 years to be nice to you

4 comments:

  1. The Cosmic AvengerTuesday, September 29, 2015

    Primo knows that nice != non-abusive, right? I'm not being facetious, I mean it. When you've been verbally and emotionally abused, any crumb of kindness seems much more significant in scope and degree.

    (I guess that's kind of what you said at the end there, isn't it, GD? Except more elegantly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's so used to his parents being awful that any little less awful seems like nice. Whereas I, who had a wonderful dad and have a wonderful mom, know that "not as mean as usual" is not the same as nice.

      Delete
  2. I'm truly on the edge of my seat, wondering if it can get any worse. For both you guys. Thinking of you (retrospectively!) J x

    ReplyDelete