Wednesday, December 23, 2015

In which someone asks, "Is that for cigarettes?"

Primo: I got a lot done today. Stephanie's friend, Madge, came over to help.

Me: Oh right! She used to own a thrift store, right?

Primo: Yes. And she used to put on estate sales, too.

Me: How much is she charging?

Primo: Nothing! She won't let me pay her! She is doing this just because she is Stephanie's friend.

Me: Wow. A nice gift card, I think. Stephanie can tell you where Madge likes.

Primo: She told me what to charge for some of the furniture. I didn't know. One of the neighbors wants some stuff for her son's new apartment.

Me: Good.

Primo: And she wants to have a garage sale.

Me: Oh you'll love that.

Primo: She said that even if you put in the ad that it starts at 9 a.m., people will show up at 5:30! And they wear those miners' lights!

Me: People are crazy.

Primo: I don't want to be up at 5:30! I asked her why you can't tell people just to go away and she said because you want their money.

Me: This is not for you!

Primo: She found an ashtray. I was going to throw it away and she said to keep it. "Someday, it will be a collectors' item," she said.

3 comments:

  1. If there is a garage sale, you can put "Early birds charged double" in the ad.

    I hope there is some lightness as the house gets emptied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I wish we had thought of that! What a great idea!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete