Friday, January 29, 2016

In which Primo tries to get me to do stuff for his political people and I say NO WAY

What the conversation reduced to:

Primo: Would you do a lot of work - take time from your Friday night or your Saturday morning - for the benefit of my political people, the very people you strongly disagree with and whom you think have contributed to the decline in your quality of life?

Me: Are you out of your mind? Do you not know me at all?





  • 8:42am
    Primo


    Do you have so many pears* that you want reasons to get rid of them?
  • 8:44am
    Me


    not any more

    now we have pears in the freezer so we can have tarts and pies
  • 8:46am
    Primo


    OK. I thought that if you really want more reasons to use some, I could take a pear crisp to the [my party's] picnic tomorrow. (Attendees are asked to take a dish to pass.)

    But if you want to keep them for ourselves, that's fine.
  • 8:47am
    Me


    I am not interested in baking tonight or tomorrow smile emoticon




* We have a pear tree in our back yard. I have been baking pies. And strudels. And crisps. And tarts.

3 comments:

  1. Since i support you 100%, i'm glad you stood your ground on this, but since i'm pretty sure that Primo and i are both stripes (or polka dots - i've lost track) i sure would have liked a tart (if i had been at the picnic)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also lost track on whether I am a Stripe or a Polka Dot, although I think you, Goldie, and I are the same (whatever we are). DH and I are not, and I would also not participate in making baked goods for a political event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pear jam is also kind of wonderful, and works very well with frozen pears.

    ReplyDelete

Primo reads this blog, so please keep that in mind in your comments.