Friday, April 12, 2013

Saturday Nov 3 More doors

Four hours on doors today. My back is killing me. I can't believe Primo does this at least five hours every day. No wonder he is losing weight, is exhausted, and is cranky all the time.

A lot of people weren't home. One woman was out raking leaves. I asked if I could leave the flyer in her door. I didn't say anything else to her - tell her who I was campaigning for, nothing.

She looked at me flatly and said, "No." Then she returned to her raking.

Bitch.

An old man -89, according to the walk sheet (I cannot believe they have all this personal information about people and make it available to whomever wants it. That really, really bothers me) answered the door in his underwear. He warned me, though. I averted my eyes.

When I gave him the flyer, he said, "I've heard of him! I'm voting for him. He's an honest man. I can tell."

"He is!" I said.

"I was a sheriff's deputy for 35 years," he said. "I can tell."

Then he told me that he and his wife went to Switzerland five times after he retired - "She was Swiss and I'm German!" - but that she was dead.

I am really impressed at all the older people who still live on their own. I want to be like that when I get old.

Primo just got home. He said one guy was angry that Primo was knocking on doors. "That's worse than a robocall!" the man fumed.

Which I totally do not understand. A robocall is annoying. But don't you want to meet the people who are running to make the laws? Don't you want to meet the people you might be hiring to represent you? What a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment