Friday, April 12, 2013

Saturday Nov 3 Sometimes phone banking isn't all horrible

I hate calling people to ask them to vote for Primo. I calculated at the session we had on Thursday, we paid $2.60 for each voter contact, "contact" being defined as a conversation with the voter. A conversation does not mean the person will vote for Primo. Let's say less than half of the conversations yield a vote for him. That's over $5 a vote. I don't know if that's a good number or a bad number in campaign terms, but I do know that every $5 we spend on reaching voters is $5 I can't spend on a pedicure.

But. One of us must have left a message for this voter the other day, because he tracked Primo down and sent him an email. Poor guy. I think he's lonely. I get so sad when I see people who have lost their loved ones. But what a nice thing for him to do to write to Primo. I'll bet he wouldn't have gotten pissy with Primo for knocking on his door.

Hello Primo,

I missed the phone call to my home on November 1st. I moved to [our town] in the summer of 2009 following the death of my wife from metastatic breast cancer. My daughter, son-in-law, and two grandkids live here, which was my primary motivation for moving from [where I lived before]. I will be voting for you in the November 6th election. I am a retired public school educator, widower, Vietnam-era military veteran, and consider myself an independent. I will be voting for you on Tuesday. I wish I had more time to help with the campaigns of people that I support, but I have primary care responsibilities for my 97 year-old mother who lives [an hour from here].

No need to call again . . .

My best wishes for success on Tuesday and beyond,

T. Voter

No comments:

Post a Comment