Saturday, October 7, 2017

Ch 12 Primo takes Sly to buy booze, which is a good thing because 1. It gets Sly out of my house and 2. It will keep us from going broke supplying them with booze

I get home from the doctor, go upstairs, share the news with Primo.

Primo: I’m sorry. I wish I could stay up here with you. But I have to take my dad to get some booze or else he is going to get nasty.

Me: It’s OK. If you can get your dad out of here, then it won’t be so bad for me. I can tell your mom that I have a headache and read in the guest room by myself.

They return with a half a gallon of bourbon and a quart of brandy.

They are leaving on Sunday. Today is Monday. Let’s do the math, shall we?

That comes out to – seven nights, two people, ¾ gallon equals 96 ounces so 96/7/2 equals 6.8 ounces per person per day.


That’s way too much booze for a person to drink. There will have to be leftovers. Ha! They will actually be stocking our liquor cabinet.

2 comments:

  1. First - [hugs]. I know this was a really hard time in your life, and I can't imagine how crazy making it had to have been to try to hold up a good front and power through in front of people you didn't like and didn't like you and yet were important to try to get along with and please on some level. I am so sorry that you had to go through that.

    Secondly - you think there's going to be leftovers? It was your turn to be naive, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you think there's going to be leftovers?

      Yeah. About that. :) For dumb!

      Delete