Monday, October 2, 2017

Ch 12 We negotiate the gym and entertaining of Sly and Doris and I maintain that I need to be able to escape the people who told their son I am the Evil Golddigging Bitch from Hell and I introduce a new character!

Primo: You don’t need to go to the gym while they are here, do you?

Me: Are you kidding me? Getting out of the house for a few hours every day is the only way I am going to survive this.

Primo: But I have to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Me: They know that, right? You told them you couldn’t take off the whole week before you guys agreed on flights, right?

Primo: Yes.

Me: Then it’s on them. They will have to figure out how to entertain themselves for a few hours a day. My job is not to wait on your parents. I want to enjoy my family, not entertain yours.

Primo: But your mom and Dr. J and brother and sister don’t come until Thursday.

WAIT! Are you wondering who Dr. J is?

Oh this is such a great story.

Dr. J is my mom’s gentleman caller. We have known him since I was five years old and we all lived in the same apartment building in Marshfield, Wisconsin, while my dad was in Vietnam. My mom kept in touch with Dr. and Mrs. J after my dad got back from the war and we moved.

Mrs. J died about five years ago and my mom and Dr. J built a more intimate friendship via mail and phone that has become a lovely romantic relationship. Dr. J of course is coming to the wedding. We love Dr. J. We just love him.

Me: I know. But that doesn’t mean I am going to entertain your mom and dad. They expect us to conform to their schedule when we visit them – actually, they expect us to work – so they can conform to our schedule when they visit us. They can entertain themselves while I’m at the gym and you’re working. You warned them that you couldn’t take the entire week off and they still wanted to come for nine days. Besides, they’re getting off easy. I’m not even asking them to do any chores.

Primo: You’re right. They are on their own. I'll warn them.


Me: Plus it’s not like they would want to spend time with me anyhow.

7 comments:

  1. So why did they change their minds and decide to come to the wedding after all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i would totally plan a few chores for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, up you were supposed to want to spend time with them; to crave their good opinion. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do realize, don't you, that this is liking watching a slow moving train wreck, or a 50-car pile up on the interstate. You don't want to see it, but you cannot look away.

    ReplyDelete