Wednesday, October 21, 2015

In which Sly wants Primo and me to spend a week driving from Florida to Connecticut in a motor home to scatter Doris' ashes

Primo: My dad has this idea and you're invited.

Me: What?

Primo: He wants to rent a motor home -

Me: No.

Primo: And drive it up the East Coast -

Me: No.

Primo: To his sisters' so we could put my mom's ashes in their family plot.

Me: No. No. No. I am not spending a week in a motor home with your dad. No.

Primo: I told him you have to work.

Me: Tell him I am washing my hair that  night.*




* Primo had never heard that expression before.

6 comments:

  1. Too funny! I immediately knew what you meant. Guess it's a female thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus you get why I would not want to spend time with Sly!

      Delete
    2. How delusional! The man can't even take care of himself in the most basic ways. Would a medical worker be along for the ride, or were you and Primo supposed to take turns wiping his butt for the entire trip?? (Sorry for the terrible mental picture there, but we now know Sly doesn't think that would be unreasonable.) Goldie, keep washing your hair. Primo, just go home for heaven's sake.

      Delete
  2. L'enfer, c'est les autres.

    This IS a plot twist. And next...don't tell me you went? It sounds like the plot of a film - a black comedy, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEARS ago, like actual *decades*, I found a cartoon in the paper with a woman on the phone telling someone that she couldn't do (whatever) because "I have to wash my hair tonight...no, really I do"
    Because her hair was a giant tangled pile full of sticks, leaves, and a badger (or raccoon or something.)
    I thought it was so funny I clipped it out and saved it, and probably still have it somewhere. It was Bizarro by Dan Pirarro, and he has a website with archives that go way, way back, anyone is curious and wants to try and find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB, I spent over half an hour last night trying to find that cartoon!

      Delete