Sunday, July 10, 2016

In which Primo and I discuss the morality of Not Liking Ted, which is easy for me because we do not share blood, but I point out that I have no interest in ever seeing my cousin Licking Pat again because SHE LICKED PRIMO and that does not make me a bad person. Just because you are related to someone does not mean you have to like that person or spend time with him. Amen.

Primo: Does it make me a bad person that I don't want a relationship with Ted?

Me: No. Not even his best friend likes him, remember?

Primo: He keeps talking about our visiting them. The idea is horrifying.

Me: I am not ever visiting him. I am never talking to him again. I will never see him again. There is no reason for us ever to interact again.

5 comments:

  1. It's can be tough when it's family. The whole blood is thicker than water thing. But the impression I get is that Primo spent little time with the brothers growing up. So there's really nothing there outside of half the blood. And since Ted appears to what to be best buds only after the will was read tells a lot.
    My advice for all it's worth is that Primo should just live his life as he has and treat Ted as that necessary but not welcomed job task. You deal with what you have to and ignore the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 brothers I barely speak to, one is a narcissus asshat and one is a phoney holier than thou wanna be preacher. And both drink to excess. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ted,

    I am sorry but you have been such a pain in the ass that if I were in your area for some random reason other than to visit you, I would be strongly tempted not to tell you. I am not sure I could even survive getting together for a cup of coffee.

    Okay, forget strongly tempted, it would just be my outright plan.

    Love & Kisses,

    - AC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs the kind of crazy that Ted brings?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother and I were super close growing up, even best friends; but discovered alcohol & drugs at 18 or 19 and has since turned into such a toxic, manipulative, monstrous, vindictive person that I often wonder if he is a sociopath. I have had no contact with him since our mother's funeral 8 yrs ago*, and I never will again. I had been pulling away from him for years anyway, disgusted at the way he used our parents, and when he abandoned his very young wife and their baby I was over it (and bent over backwards to help her & my niece.)

    I sometimes get people giving me the "but faaaamily you were close give him a chaaance" from old mutual friends or acquaintances, some of whom should know better, and I really DGAF. I have no room in my life for people who do nothing but hurt everyone they come in contact with, no matter what things were like 40 years ago.

    *Well, he did show up on our doorstep a little over a year ago, but I slammed the door in his face. My husband closed all the curtains. He went away.

    ReplyDelete