Monday, March 22, 2010

In which Sly and Doris won't accept help from Stephanie

This is how a conversation with my sister in law usually goes. Or, at least, this section is a usual component of our conversation. The rest of the time, we talk about fun, non-Sly and Doris things.

Stephanie: I called Sly and Doris [as she does every day] to see if they needed anything. They told me that X [some small household trauma, like a loose screw] had happened. I told them I would come over and fix it. They told me no, they would just wait until Primo gets there.

Me: But you could fix it. It's not that hard.

Stephanie: I know. I told them that. But they said I was too busy and they didn't want to bother me.

Me: But Primo's not busy? It's not OK for you to drive 15 minutes but it's OK for Primo to fly 500 miles and use his limited vacation time to do their chores?

Stephanie: I also reminded them that I am unemployed and can only clean my house so many times. But they only want Primo. Drives me nuts. They won't even ask Jack [who lives 45 minutes away] to do anything. Only Primo.

4 comments:

  1. Jeezy peezy. That's almost pathological.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, only the golden child will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how does this make the other kids feel? having sly and doris need primo for EVERYTHING?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know it's insane. I don't know how the other kids feel - maybe relief? Maybe insulted? I know that it makes Primo nuts.

    ReplyDelete