Sunday, November 2, 2014

In which Primo laments that he didn't marry someone who shares his belief in The Cause

Primo: Are you sure you don't want to do doors with me? Only two days until the election.

Me: Why don't you just ask me if I would like to stick needles in my eyes?

Primo: But you don't care!

Me: Nope. Don't care. Don't want anything to do with it. Even if I agreed with you, I would not want to do anything to do with it. And I think your side is way wrong, so that strengthens my resolve.

Primo: But there are plenty of couples I see working together on campaigns.

Me: Good for them.

Primo: You don't want that?

Me: You should have married someone else. I am not a good political spouse.

Primo: But you're a really good cook.

Me: So you have to pick. Do you want someone by your side for all of your political crap so that when you come home, the house is a filthy mess, there are no clean clothes, and there is nothing to eat? Or would you rather eat well?

Primo: I would rather eat well.

Me: Then that's settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment