Sunday, February 8, 2015

In which Primo discusses quitting his job - again

Me: It's not that I don't believe in you or support you - although I think politicians are slimy and it's a nasty business and I don't know why you want any part of it - it's that I am so scared that if you quit, you will never find another job and I will be stuck working until I am 70 and we won't have enough money to be old.

Primo: I'm scared, too.

Me: What if I lose my job? What if I get laid off?

Primo: What if I'm hit by a bus tonight on my way to karaoke?

Me: Then I would get a check for $1.3 million dollars from your life insurance plus whatever the bus company would give me.

1 comment:

  1. good point! never realized that getting hit by the bus is infinitely better than getting laid off!

    ReplyDelete