Sunday, April 5, 2015

In which I tell Primo that if he cancels our friends' visit in one week because of a political event that I will divorce him

Primo: Oh no!

Me:

Primo: Oh no!

Me [trying not to get involved]

Primo: Oh no!

Me: What?

Primo: The governors' debate is the same night B and G are visiting us!

Me: So?

Primo: But it's here! In town! I want to go to it!

Me: But we already - over a month ago - invited our friends* to stay with us that night so they don't have to get up so early to catch their plane the next morning.

Primo: But the debate! I really want to go! I should have known not to plan anything social during the campaign.

Me: I am not cancelling another social engagement with our friends.**

Primo: But the debate....

Me: If you cancel with B and G, I will divorce you.




* Who have a lake house about an hour from here. They are wonderful friends who have been great hosts to Primo and me many times. They had a super-early flight and would have had to get up a whole extra hour early to leave from their house instead of ours, so I was happy to be able to host them.

** Months ago, I had to reschedule dinner at our house three times and then had to call the friends and ask them to be late the night they actually did come because Primo kept having political BS come up.

1 comment: