Thursday, October 22, 2015

In which Sly has a seizure and has to go to the ER and Primo thinks our summer will be ruined, which it probably will be, and thinks we should consider canceling our vacation, to which I say oh heck to the no

Primo: They think he might have had some kind of stroke, so we are on our way to the ER.

Me: Oh great.

Primo: I am despondent. Our summer is ruined.

Me: It is looking like it.

Primo: We have only three days to cancel the cottage. If we wait after the 19th, then we will lose our [50%] deposit.

Me: Oh no. No. We are not canceling.

Primo: But if we don't cancel now, it will cost us a thousand dollars!

Me: No. It will cost your father a thousand dollars. If we have to cancel our vacation because you have to be with him, then he can pay for it. We cannot absorb the costs related to his medical problems.

Primo: I guess he would. I don't know. I'm despondent. I don't want to be here. He didn't reserve his space at the rehab center. If he gets checked into the hospital, this whole thing starts all over. I am despondent.

Me: And I am pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment