Saturday, March 5, 2016

In which Primo makes a ghoulish little Halloween joke about selling a used urn

Just picked Primo up from the airport. He checked three bags. Three bags of Sly and Doris' junk. Three bags of stuff they just would not deal with.

Primo: And I don't know what to do with my mom's ashes!

Me:  I thought you were taking them to her cousin's to scatter

-----------------

Primo [reading over my shoulder]: Hey! I didn't bring home junk! One suitcase is full of my clothes - the clothes I left there all year.

Me: Then what is it?

Primo: The lamp [that he made in shop in high school]. Three file boxes of papers. An attachment for the Dyson. Some toiletries. Some beer. It's not a lot of my parents' junk!

-------------------------

we now return to our regularly-scheduled blogging.

Me: I thought you were taking them to her cousin's to scatter them in that plot with Nancy's ashes.

Primo: It's big! It's a big urn!

Me: Do you want some at home?

Primo: Maybe.

Me: Maybe something you could do - maybe this is something to consider - would be to put some on the beach, some with Nancy, and then mix the remainder with your dad's. Your dad's are in three small containers, right?

Primo: Yes - Jack has one and Ted has one and I have the last small one.

Me: So you could scatter most of your mom's ashes and most of your dad's and then mix the remainder of your mom's with your dad's in your dad's small urn. And then you could keep them together in your office.

Primo: Or by my bed.

Me: That would make it easier for me to keep a vow of celibacy.

Primo: But what would I do with the urn?

Me: What do you mean?

Primo: It's nice!

Me: And?

Primo: Well, I can't just throw it away.

Me: What would you do with it?

Primo: I don't know.

Me: Maybe it could be a planter? I don't know.

Primo: Or I could try to sell it.

Me: I don't think there is a a secondary market for urns.

Primo: Could be.

1 comment: