Sunday, August 21, 2016

In which my mom, my aunt, and my uncle are mean to Primo

Hahaha! NOT REALLY!

Primo and I went to visit my mother for Mothers Day. We were there for five days? Something like that. He. Was. Amazing.

Seriously.

Primo is so, so sweet to my mother. He listens to her - she is worse than I am about adding extraneous details to a story. He washes the dishes her way. He stops using the Hand Towel for dishes and switches to the Dish Towel without argument when she points out his error.

He grilled vegetables for her. He grilled salmon for her. He made her omelettes. He is the sweetest man in the world to my mother.

He was also very kind to my aunt and uncle and listened to my uncle's many, many stories about escaping from the Russians in WWII. (My uncle was born in Prussia and his dad was in WWII on the Other Side.) Of course, my uncle's stories are fascinating, but they might not be as interesting to Primo as they are to someone who has known her uncle since she was nine.

Me: You are so wonderful to my mom. Thank you.

Primo: It's easy. Your family is always really nice to me.

Me: My family loves you.

Primo: My parents always treated you so well.

.......

.......

.......

Primo and me: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment