Monday, January 30, 2017

In which Primo now has to go downtown to the main post office just to mail the estimated estate taxes by the midnight deadline and I say, "See? This is how your procrastinating actually costs you time, because now you have to drive to the post office instead of putting the letter on our mailbox"

Primo was supposed to be gone to a political thing by the time I got home today.

But he wasn't.

Which threw all of my plans into disarray because my plans included having the house all to myself.

They did not include a cat who wanted out, then in (for inside water), then out, then in (someone is mowing the lawn and it's scary!), then out again but LAVERNE I am tired of letting you out and in at two minute intervals so you will just have to sit there, missy.

Anyhow. The reason Primo was not gone was that he had forgotten to file the extension for the estate taxes. He had to send in an estimated payment so he bought the business version of turbotax but with the business version, it will not import directly from investment accounts, which was the whole darn reason he bought it, so he panicked and then said screw it and wrote a check for $5,000 and said he would pay any penalties later.

"Out of the estate, right?" I asked. "We are not personally paying for any of these penalties."

"Estate," he said. "I am so sick and tired of dealing with this crap. The estate can pay for everything."

Which. It. Should.


1 comment:

  1. Both your heads must hurt from banging them against the wall. What a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete